Ms. Zeinab Hanem Mohamed Zaki Aboul Fetouh
Head of the English Unit
Specializations: Teaches Academic English (E.A.P); English for Special Purposes (E.S.P.); Exam practice; general English; teacher training.
- “Getting Acquainted.” Workshop presented for professional development at AUC.
- “A Survey of Egyptian ESL Student Preferences for Feedback on Writing.” Research paper presented at the EFL Skills Conference in Cairo (1994).
- “Approaching a Reading Comprehension Text.” Workshop presented at the EFL Skills Conference in Cairo 1995).
- “Empowering Learners in the Advanced EFL Reading Class.” Workshop presented at the EFL Skills Conference in Cairo (1995).
- “Using Questions to Enhance Students’ Listening Skills.” Workshop presented at EFL Skills Conference in Cairo (1996). This workshop gained acceptance at the IATEFL Conference in the U.K., April 1998.
- “Exploring the Writing Process: An Integrated Approach.” Workshop presented at the EFL Skills Conference in Cairo, December 1998.
- “Challenges in the Conversation Classroom.” Demonstration presented at the EFL Skills Conference in Cairo, 2002.
- “Creativity in the Classroom Stimulates Students’ Responses.” Demonstration presented to ESD for professional development.
- “Learning Strategies: Between Theory and Application.” Demonstration presented to ESD for professional development.
- “Project Work in ESP Classrooms Enhances Instruction.” Demonstration presented at TESOL Convention, March 2004.
- Insights into the ESP classroom. Demonstration presented at the FTTC. March, 2007.
Ms. Zeinab Aboul Fetouh teaches Academic English and Technical Writing at Nile University. She holds a Master’s degree (M.A.) in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) from The American University in Cairo (AUC) where she was English language instructor for the past twenty- five years. She also holds a Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in English Literature from Cairo University as well as a Certificate for Overseas Teachers of English (RSA-COTE), from The Royal Society of Arts, U.K. In addition, she holds the certificate of Trainer of Trainers (TOT) from the U.K. Export Institute as well as one from The Egyptian Banking Institute (E.B.I.), Cairo, Egypt. She specializes in teaching various types of English such as Academic English (E.A.P.), English for Special Purposes (E.S.P.), exam practice, and general English. She has also done teacher training and mentored M.A. students.